> From: Josh Babcock
>
> Jim Wilson wrote:
>

> > Excellent work Melchior!  A long overdue update.
> >
> > Does anyone care about the translucency?  I'm not sure yet if I do.  Maybe
> > just a slight dab of transparency with this dark
> background scheme might show enough of the scene to help pilots stay on the
> taxiway while playing with the settings,  without
> taking away from the appearance of the gui.
> >

> Why not let user set the transparency in the property tree? Trying to
> decide what the 'best' level of transparency is sounds like an
> invitation to a religious war. The property tree is your savior, and
> that my friend is the truth straight from above.

And it sounds like you just found that property tree Josh,  especially with all
those religious metaphors.  SO why don't we just talk about the default?  Isn't
that what was up for discussion?  The current color scheme was chosen because
the designer wanted transparent dialogs.

As far as making it user adjustable,  that sounds great.

Best,

Jim