* Melchior FRANZ -- Wednesday 13 July 2005 08:51:
> [dialog transparency]

The GUI style is now switchable at runtime. I've put the two available
styles into $FG_ROOT/gui/styles/ -- Shift-F10 cycles through all (two)
styles in this directory. Of course, the new style can be chosen from
the command line or ~/.fgfsrc, too:

  $ fgfs --prop:/sim/current-gui=1

But why not simply replace the old style with the new?

- the old style is faster -- two or three frames per second on my
  archaic graphics card!
- in bright environments the old style may be better suited
- for hysterical raisins

I didn't intend $FG_ROOT/gui/styles/ to become a collection of dozens
of styles. Just two or three for different purposes (and as many local
styles as people want to have there, of course :-).

m.