> Could you give some examples ? The noshadow thing is usualy used to hide
> some artifacts
> caused by transparent geometry like windows, rotating propeler disk,
> paintings, etc, or to reduce the
> complexity of the shadow (virtual cockpit or other complex parts of the
> plane).
>
> Harald.

Hello Harald,
You could be interested on what i am doing about shadow animation in the
coming condition shadow.

==> An aircraft don't cast shadow  when agl-ft > 450.
<animation>
        <condition>
                <greater-than>
                        <property>/position/altitude-agl-ft</property>
                        <value>450</value>
                </greater-than>
        </condition>
        <type>noshadow</type>
        <object-name>Lysander</object-name>
 </animation>

==> Blend on an helicopter main rotor and rotor disc working
correctly :we deactivate cast of shadow from rotor when rotor rpm>100
(it must be tuned)

<animation>
        <condition>
                <greater-than>
                        <property>rotors/main/rpm</property>
                        <value>100</value>
                </greater-than>
        </condition>
        <type>noshadow</type>
        <object-name>Rotor-Princ</object-name>
 </animation>

==> some moving Aircraft components could cast shadow according to their
positions on the Aircraft. That is an exemple on a Naval aircraft the
hook will cast shadow only when it is not fully retracted.

<animation>
        <condition>
                <equal>
                <property>gear/tailhook/position-norm</property>
                <value>0</value>
                </equal>
        </condition>
        <type>noshadow</type>
        <object-name>Hook</object-name>
 </animation>

BTW: I discovered that many aircrafts have gear components or float
components (seaplane) which are not hidden when retracted (no door).
They only have to cast shadow when extended.

Regards

--
Gerard