Le mardi 26 juillet 2005 à 23:13 +0200, Mathias Fröhlich a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> sorry for the late reaction.
> Turns out to be a bad interaction between jsbsims crash detection and my
> past initialization changes.
> The attached patch fixes this by moving crash detection out of the
> initialization phase of jsbsim.
>
> Erik,
> Can you apply that please to flightgears cvs.
> I will care for JSBsim's cvs.
>
> Thanks and sorry

Hello Mathias,

I don't understand why do you continu to develop on that wrong crash
detection.
It is a nonsense regarding the JSB undercarriage facilities.
it is a nonsense regarding the other old crash detection process
in
FGLGear.cpp line 507
 Here's the code:
 // Crash detection logic (really out-of-bounds detection)
     if (compressLength > 500.0 ||
         vForce.Magnitude() > 100000000.0 ||
         vMoment.Magnitude() > 5000000000.0 ||
         SinkRate > 1.4666*30)
     {
       PutMessage("Crash Detected: Simulation FREEZE.");
       Exec->Freeze();
     }
The undercarriage definition is very flexible. It gives the facilities
to manage an aircraft customised crash animation with the help of a
nasal script.
If an improvement must be done it could be done on the old existing code
with specifics properties like that one which is coming from a Dave
mail.
<crash-detection>
  <altitude-agl>0</altitude-agl>
   <g-z-max>11.0</g-z-max>
   <g-z-min>5.0</g-z-min>
   <g-x-max>20</g-x-max>
   <g-x-min>20</g-x-min>
   <qbar>1089.0</qbar>
   <pitch-rate>3.7</pitch-rate>
   <yaw-rate>3.5</yaw-rate>
   <mach>0.99</mach>
 </crash-detection>

I fear, the user opinion  is not useful for the development team.
I fear the user opinion is not taken in account.
Please tell me, by that way i will continu to subscribe or not.

Thanks

--
Gerard