Martin Spott wrote:

Herewith I appoint you to the future maintainer of OSM-data in our
kindcover database  :-)

I should have kept my mouth shut :-)

Do they log the changes in their database, do they offer any 'raw'
interface ?

The interface is explained here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/REST

I used the "map" command to dump the data, then converted it to the tguserdef format in order to build the scenery, but a shapefile could just as easily be used as the intermediate format.

This would make it easier for us to track the development
of their dataset. Do they differenciate between different sized roads ?

Not yet, although the intention is to have a key/value system which will allow the tagging of road types, names, numbers, etc. So the classifications will be available.

Jon