Andy Ross wrote:
A J MacLeod wrote:

Personally, I very much prefer mailing lists.  I can quite see the
advantages of web-based forums, but I'm not convinced they outweigh
the disadvantages.

Ditto.  Reading threaded mail with Thunderbird vs. with PHPbb or the
like isn't even a fair comparison.  It would be a very significant
hardship for me to have to deal with web forums for flightgear stuff,
and I'm not normally one to be a stubborn complainer. :)

I agree. In fact I won't even read forums with this amount of traffic.
I much rather resubscribe to another group once in a while than reading forums (it litteraly takes 10x the amount of time to keep track).

I'm for dumping every mail not from a list member instead.

Erik