It's not so much an issue of San Fran being BAD, it's just that KSFO is pretty far from downtown. We're talking about small slow-flying UAV's in my project (I'm using the Piper as a surrogate), so having to take off that far away means my demo is like 45 minutes long. We were hoping to use DC as Reagan National is real close to the Pentagon, the Monuments, White House, Capital, etc.

It looks like we're just going to stick to San Fran for now though. No money in the project budget for me to do 3D Modeling (unless I do it on my own time) and I found that there's CA26 Heliport right near downtown SF, so we'll just start out from there.

Before we do our final demo late next year I'm going to have to get some scenery/buildings built for some place like Baghdad though. Hard to show "operationally relevant" demos having a UAV flying around SF to a bunch of Army brass.... "The hippies are shooting you with bongs!" "And now we simulate engine failure caused by the floating reefer...."

Actually, that brings up another question.... Is it possible (through the Telnet/HTTP interface) to push a new value for things like fuel flow rate and such and have them stick, or will the sim just immediately overwrite the value I send in with a new value with the actual rate? I'm looking for a way to be able to simulate things like fuel leaks, or engine overheating, etc (part of our software detects potential vehicle problems and auto-replans mission routes to take into account reduced system capabilities like lower endurance due to a fuel leak).

Thanks for the help guys...

--Mike

Mike Kopack
ISX Corporation