Oh, DC scenery, one of the many things i'd like to do if I ever get around to it (health permitting) 8-) I even got a gps to plot buildings' locations... just was never able to do anything.

Back at least 5 years ago when I was flying XPl*ne, I could fly off 33 (?) at DCA and overfly a beautifully rendered pentagon and rosslyn/ key bridge. Since I was 'flying' an a-10 warthog, I'd take it up to martin state outside baltimore where there's an airguard a-10 unit. I think that the capital beltway (495) and 270/70 were there, but the potomac and roosevelt island would allow even the slowest to recognize where they are, right? 8-) I think there's a white house and capital also in that scenery, but I never went that way -- flight restrictions 8-) -- even then!

Perhaps the signs script that's been discussed previously on flightgear-devel would help your customers identify the local scenery also.

I might have added a Washington, DC scenery package to xpla*e. I must have, right?, because FlightGear and XPla*e share the same scenery, don't they?

Jeppesen charts (KDCA arrivals) mention the american legion bridge (about 10 dme from kdca), chain bridge (around 6 dme), key bridge and roosevelt bridge (around 3 dme), then arlington, george mason and rochambeau. from the south, you'd seee the woodrow wilson bridge, a power plant and a masonic temple. Don't forget the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area Special Flight Rules Area, the area around thurmont (camp david) is also restricted...

you'd get a lot more from the washington sectional aeronautical chart and the VFR terminal area chart Baltimore-Washinton, available at your local airpark 8-)

Is it possible for an end user to add xpla*e washington, DC scenery into flightgear (if the license agreement permits). What steps would be involved?

PLEASE make your scenery changes available to others. I'd be very grateful.

thanks!

ima