"Vivian Meazza" wrote:

> I only mention this because it indicates that the quality of our testing
> might not be quite as good as it should be as we move rapidly towards 1.0

<RANT>We know exactly this phenomenon for several years now and to my
observation very little changed in the meantime. The biggest success
was to install a consensus that the pre-release phase should last at
least two weeks. To my opinon two _months_ would be appropriate for
such a complex piece of software that runs on so many different
platforms and is maintained by such a small developer base.
Unfortunately I didn't manage to crowd a significant number of
supporters for this idea.</RANT>

Actually there were times when I got on everyones nerves by
continuously pointing at bugs or inconsistencies that I was unable to
fix myself. Finally I realized that only reporting or documenting bugs
(whereas the latter is a _really_ time-consuming task !!) without
providing a fix was not that much welcome and I decided to engage with
my own sub-projects that I am capable of running without external help.

Regards,
        Martin.