Oliver C. wrote:

On Friday 11 November 2005 18:40, Curtis L. Olson wrote:

As best as I can see from their site, they just interpolated through the
voids.  That generally works fine and is pretty much what we did for the
current scenery, but when you are missing big chunks of things like the
grand canyon or tops of moutains, then what?  For the USA where we have
an alternative data source, I filled in the voids from that data which
is good for things like the grand canyon and rhode island that are
missing huge chunk.

Isn't SRTM data version 2 allready corrected manually?

That's what i thought, when i heard sth. about SRTM v2.

SRTM still has all the voids as far as I know. They've done other corrections, but not void filling (as far as I know.) I can vouch for the fact that it still does have a lot of voids, although I can't say for sure if it's all the same ones or fewer or more.