hoping it can help anyone to track this issue:

0xafc361b3 in __glim_R200TCLDrawArrays ()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/atiogl_a_dri.so

#0  0xafc361b3 in __glim_R200TCLDrawArrays ()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/atiogl_a_dri.so
#1  0xafc35a19 in __glim_R200TCLDrawArrays ()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/atiogl_a_dri.so
#2  0xafc35a19 in __glim_R200TCLDrawArrays ()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/atiogl_a_dri.so
.
.
.
<and goes on and on>

If you or anyone need any information or additional testing please let
me know ... I will try to use the open source driver in the next few
days to see how it goes for me.

thanks,
cheers
-E