On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:42:53 -0600, you wrote:

>Here are my first questions:
>1. Will Nasal scripting give me all options to program the push-back
>function (incl. playing sound files and checking distances to other
>planes or to next taxi way)? Or will I have to use c++ (if so, is there
>anyone who is interessted to give me some beginners support?)?
>
>2. Why does appling a body-u-velocity not work?

I am not sure of this, but NASAL can listen for properties and then
change properties, so if you can take actions based on a monitored
property (for example, I monitor various orientation/navigation
properties to implement GPS tracking in my autopilot) and set
properties that play the sounds or move the aircraft, it may be
possible. I just do not know if you connect to those actions from the
script. Maybe if an animation is based on a property, you could change
it from script.

I believe the property may be read only. Perhaps it just reports the
velocity, but setting the velocity does not side effect the aircraft.

It would be interesting if features like this could be added to
FlightGear by creating custom GUI interfaces and use NASAL to drive
the feature. I built a GUI for some features of the autopilot I
modeled for which the face plate does not have any controls.

Steve