Andy Ross schrieb:

Steve Knoblock wrote:
1. Will Nasal scripting give me all options to program the
push-back function (incl. playing sound files and checking
distances to other planes or to next taxi way)?

I am not sure of this, but NASAL can listen for properties and then
change properties,

Yes, Nasal interacts with the rest of FlightGear through the property
and FGCommand subsystems, and in a few special cases by extension
functions (settimer() and random() being the only ones I can think of
off the top of my head).

So anything you can do through those mechanisms is scriptable.
Anything the you *can't* do through those mechanisms is either
something that we don't want to script (3D rendering, FDM internals),
or just haven't gotten around to.  Wiring up property/command
interfaces for C++ subsystems is generally pretty easy.

Andy

Is there a list of all properties or commands available or how do I find the appropriate functions? I allready found the readme.properties, but looking at Steve's autopilot.nas I can see some more properties that are not listed in the readme.

How will I know if a property is read-only or if I have a bug in my code?

Thanks, Carsten