Martin Spott wrote:

"Curtis L. Olson" wrote:

Can I suggest a feature request for your online multiplayer map?

While we are at it, I'd like to add another request - not that much a
feature request:
It's pretty likely that we're going to have a booth at the Linux-Tag
exhibition in Wiesbaden on May 3 - 6, 2006. In order to present the
local area to the visitors it would be nice to have an online-map
showing Wiesbaden and its entourage.

Can I persuade you to consider setting up a second online-map for this
area ? Not to forget: As a bonus it would be exciting if FlightGear
multiplayer users would focus on exploring that area during the
Linux-Tag days.

I don't see why we'd need a special map setup for this area. The current MP is based on google maps which has some level of worldwide coverage at least with satellite imagery. So we have to take what we get anyway and the current maps cover the whole world.

It would be cool to have a lot of active flyers during the show if you are able to connect up and participate.

We tried to setup an IRC station at the Scale show last month, but that ended up not being very useful, we were too busy talking to the people at the show all day.

Curt.