Hi all,

I'm trying to draw a custom overlay on the FlightGear display, and am modifying the HUD capability to accomplish this.  However, I'm a bit confused about the coordinate system I should be using.

To give some background, I'd like to be able to draw on the screen no matter what my viewing angle is.  If I have a view out the side of the airplane, I still want to see the HUD (it's not a real hud...just an overlay).

I've discovered through experimentation that drawing at coordinate (614,614) will draw a pixel at the absolute upper-right corner of the screen, and (0,0) is the lower left, regardless of the field of view selected.  However, if I change the look angle to -5 degrees, the image gets cropped at the bottom of the image.  Apparently, the HUD will only fill the field of view when looking straight forward.  Any other look angle and the HUD gets cropped.

Is this the way it's supposed to work?  Does anyone know any reasonable workaround?

Thanks,
Drew