Thanks for the response.

How do you implement a 2D hud?  I can't find any documentation on this, and it apparently is defaulting to 3d behavior.

Drew

On 5/23/06, Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Drew wrote:

> I've discovered through experimentation that drawing at coordinate
> (614,614) will draw a pixel at the absolute upper-right corner of the
> screen, and (0,0) is the lower left, regardless of the field of view
> selected.  However, if I change the look angle to -5 degrees, the image
> gets cropped at the bottom of the image.  Apparently, the HUD will only
> fill the field of view when looking straight forward.  Any other look
> angle and the HUD gets cropped.

To my recollection (and the complete README.xmlhud in
FlightGear/src/docs-mini should provide more hints) the HUD is always
treated as being 800x600 pixels with (0,0) at the bottom-left side of
the screen (like OpenGL).

> Is this the way it's supposed to work?  Does anyone know any reasonable
> workaround?

There are two types of HUD, one in 2D view (always visible straight
ahead) and the 3D HUD which tries to keep the HUD displayed a the same
location, always facing the same direction in the 3d scene.

You probably want to use the 2D HUD for this.

Erik

--
http://www.ehtw.info (Dutch)    Future of Enschede Airport Twente
http://www.ehofman.com/fgfs     FlightGear Flight Simulator