* Frederic Bouvier -- Thursday 27 July 2006 08:30:
> I agree with Mathias : doing raw ogl call outside the scenegraph requires lots
> of costly state save and restore

And as I said: the HUD doesn't do many state changes.

> if you don't want to see your screen screwed.
> OSG is extensible and already support far more OpenGL than SSG.

Yes, but that's the whole point: we use SSG. And dumbing the HUD down
to SSG niveau only to make it smart again with OSG is silly. I think
about simple things like glLineWidth. To make that work with SSG
one would probably have to write ssg nodes *and* then to implement
the missing capabilities with callbacks, using raw code again. So we
end up where we started, just with a lot of superfluous extra work.
I'd prefer pragmatism to politics here.

But then again: "show me the code". Maybe it's easy enough ...  :-)

m.