Jon Stockill wrote:

> No, it's gcc-3.4.6, but if you're having the problem on IRIX then that is
> a pointer - slackware uses glut - not freeglut, and I suspect that IRIX
> uses glut too. Could this be caused by header differences? Has anyone else
> successfully built FlightGear-OSG on a system that doesn't ue freeglut?

I forgot to add - commenting out the #undef APIENTRY line in glut.h
allowed me to complete the build.

I'd just like to add to the other thread - as a non-programmer sysadmin
data junkie type I accept that there will be stages in the development
of any large software package where it may not build - particularly when
there are large updates in progress. I am sensible enough to keep around
a copy of the plib tree, as well as previously built plib binaries in
order to ensure that I can still update and test scenery.

The population of the planet with scenery models continues unabated -
over 5000 wind turbines were added to Denmark just last week (thanks to
Morten for the data source).

Keep up the great work guys.

--
Jon Stockill