On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:48:59 -0600
Curtis Olson wrote:

> Really?  You can do full screen with no window manager adornments?  It
> doesn't screw up the requested resolution and give you a weird screen
> and then leave you in the wrong resolution?

Yeah, it works absolutely fine in fullscreen/game-mode.

> If that's the case then the
> debian guys need to get their patches in upstream!

I don't know what the deal is there.  When I look in the changelog for the
Debian package, the only thing I see in there right now that seems relevant
is a patch to fix the glutSetCursor bug.  It was posted in response
to this bug, which references fgfs:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=334446&sourceid=mozilla-search

and included in the Debian version.  Why this might not have made it upstream,
I dunno.  But I don't think that's what prevents game-mode/fullscreen for
most freeglut 2.4 users, is it?  Something must be different, though, because
like I said, it works absolutely fine for me.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)