hi Douglas,

I tried to make a nasal script to create simple flightplans six monthes
ago. I needed then to create some nasal functions using globals, and
sending the nearest nav (I don't remember if it is already implemented
although):

FGNavList* apt = globals->get_airports();
FGNavList* rwy = globals->get_runways();
FGNavList* nav = globals->get_navlist();
FGNavList* dme = globals->get_dmelist();

I quickly stopped because of my poor C++ skills, and I'm not so familiar
with FG sources ;)

here's my humble idea. hope it is understandable and this helps a little...

regards
seb

[note of a lazy man ;)] if you are interested by implementing the
flightplan too, which is quite near that you want to do, you can find my
script, in Perl, here:
http://seb.marque.free.fr/fichiers/scripts/perl/dev/plandevol-eng-dev (I
haven't touched it for a while...). the algo is rather simple [/note of
a lazy man ;)]