> In the real world, some VOR stations and even some localizers
> have a colocated DME station ... but there are plenty that
> don't.
And there are standalone DME stations without a VOR.

> The DME has its own Morse ident, with a distinctive higher pitch.
And IIRC the VOR ident repeats every 10 seconds, the DME ident repeats every
30 seconds.
> I hereby offer to write the code to fix this ... but only
> if somebody asks me to.
May I kindly ask?

> On several occasions in the past I have sent in patches
> to solve specific problems, but in all cases such contributions
> have been ignored.  Consider for example my patch to hsi.xml.
> Nobody said "good patch, let's commit" or "bad patch, try again"
> or even responded to my HSI bug report in any way.
This is a well known  feature on this list :-) I think the CVS admins are
doing a very good job scanning this list for patches, checking them out and
submitting them and I am sure this is sometimes not an easy job. It is also
easy to overlook a submitted patch when the list is very busy.

I would love to have a bugtracker (stop searching, there is none) but thats
only a small part of the solution. We still need somebody who looks after the
submitted bugs and patches. I have no solution for that.

IMHO:
>   -- What are people supposed to do when they find a bug?
ask if it really is a bug, ask if someone else is up to it, if not: fix it and
submit a patch.
>   -- Is it considered rude to submit a patch?
nope
>   -- Is there a bug tracker somewhere?  I wasn't able to find one.
none
>   -- Are we supposed to take seriously the list on the wiki site?
>       http://wiki.flightgear.org/flightgear_wiki/index.php?title=Bugs
>      It doesn't seem to be very complete.
I wish these were the only bugs :-)
<quote> It makes no claim to be a complete list, or even to be particularly
accurate.</quote>
Noticed the little [edit] in the upper right corner? You might go ahead and
make this a perfect list of known bugs (and hopefully fixes). It's a wiki.
>   -- Anything else that folks ought to know?
Aviation is lifelong learning :-)