On Sat 12 May 2007 23:01, Matthias Boerner wrote:
> Hallo Georg,
>
> I have done a "fresh" checkout of OSG, PLIB, SimGear and FlightGear
> today at 3 pm in the afternoon. Everything compiled without a problem.
> But I don't realize a drop in frame rates. But in contrast to my last
> checkout of 24th April I get about 10-20 frames more. So I think
> everything is fine with OSG.
>
> Regards
>
> Matthias

Hello Mathias,

Your "10-20 frames more", seems to me very poor regarding the comparison,
i get from 10 to 15 fps with the recent one and a now with that old one i
recover from 60 to 85, which is a huge difference.

BTW: with the same FG version built PRE_OSG_PLIB_20061029
i get a lower frame rate
from 55 to 75 with every options activated (3D clouds, Shadoww, .....)
Theses differences indicate that FG OSG could be equivalent to FG PLIB,
probably better.
That dramatic loss of performance with the lasts OSG version, is not normal.

Regards
--
GĂ©rard