_____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Curtis
Olson
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:02 AM
To: FlightGear developers discussions
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Fwd: Flight Gear being sold on ebay

On 6/14/07, Bill Galbraith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DId you report this to EBay?  They are usually pretty good about resolving
issues like this.

I reported it myself, but i think if everyone on this list took a minute and
also reported it, ebay couldn't simply discount me as some lunatic
disgruntled customer with a petty grudge to settle.

This is a legitimate GPL abuse that we can unite against.

I agree that his actions are slimy, but is this action actually an allowable
form of packaging this software. I am not an expert on this matter, by any
stretch of the imagination, but if I put FG and all of the available aicraft
on a CD and sold the CD for the costs involved in producing and distributing
the CD, isn't this allowed?  He can claim that his $^.99 or $4.99 is the
cost of packaging the pieces together, plus his labor.....

I reported him anyway.

Bill