Melchior FRANZ wrote:

> OK, whatever it changes: it's a bug. The property "dir" is called /sim/*USER*/
> for a reason. It's user stuff, not aircraft stuff. I for one have this
> call sign set in my $FG_HOME/preferences.xml, and I don't see why any
> aircraft should override my personal choice.

Ok, you got a point there, it just annoyed me to read that GFS again and
again, maybe we should encourage the users to alter it.

> This looks like a bug, too:  setprop("sim/multiplay/chat_display", 1);
> (although I haven't seen any effect). No aircraft should mess with *my*
> chat features. That's overstepping its competence. It's an aircraft.
> Nothing more, nothing less.
>
> m.

Hmm, ok I get that, the problem is that chat was disabled by default and
a lot of users weren't aware of that, so when there is human ATC on
multiplayer, you have some chaos by some following orders and others
don't because they can't read the massages. You can call that realism,
and you are not wrong here ;-)

Oh yes and Curtis thanks for adding, was my first diff file - I prefer
normal files too  :-)

g,
Markus