On jeu 4 octobre 2007, Mike Schuh wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, gh.robin wrote:
> >As far i understand the "<type>carrier</type>" was developed to answer to
> >landing and taking off on/from carrier but any model which is defined
> ><type>carrier</type> can have the same features or less (no catapult, no
> >wire, no speed) , like your oil platform AND only available with non
> >flying model.
>
> Would it make sense to create/define a generic "heliport" type?  It could
> be used for the oil platform or the top of a building or ...
>
> --
> Mike Schuh - Seattle, Washington USA
> http://www.farmdale.com

The top of a building is solid, without any _demo <type>carrier</type>
definition.
However we could get profit of the park position definition.

For instance  we could have

fgfs --aircraft=bo105   --prop:sim/ai/scenario[1]=fgtower_demo
--carrier=fgtower

fgtower_demo.xml  being <type>carrier</type>
--
GĂ©rard
http://perso.orange.fr/GRTux/