* Durk Talsma -- Sunday 21 October 2007:
> Well, the idea was indeed to demote the alerts to a lower priority once we
> get
> the hang of what's going on. Once a few people can confirm that the growing
> interval pauses are gone, I believe we're ready for that.

I think they are now useless because they don't point anywhere that's
related to the stuttering. They demonstrated that the replay system
was slow. It's still slow, but better. And that firing bindings might
have been slow. But I'm not convinced that these are causes for the
stuttering. And the other subsystems get random appearances on the
list, and it doesn't look like there's a pattern.

> As for programming inefficiencies, time stamps are collected in a rather
> non-intrusive way, and printed after subsystem execution, so I don't see how
> that could contribute to the problem.

Heh, just my usual exaggerations, sorry. I just found it funny how
the loop for iterating through the vector was written, in a function
that deals with performance measuring. :-)  But, alas, that's a
general problem in fgfs. I guess we could save a frame per second
or two, if we considered the usual "do"s and "don't"s, like other
projects do. (And I don't mean micro-optimization.)

m.