* Durk Talsma -- Sunday 21 October 2007:
> On Sunday 21 October 2007 21:15, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > And the other subsystems get random appearances on the
> > list, and it doesn't look like there's a pattern.
>
> FWIW, the new statistics based function is a bit more adaptive in that it
> only
> reports timing errors when subsystem execution time deviates a lot from the
> mean.

Yes, but I think that the randomly appearing subsystems are only
victims of other processes -- maybe the stuttering source (which
would then have to be in another thread), but probably just other
processes on the system, that just pull the CPU down. When the
GUI only displays the frame rate in the lower right corner, then
I don't see how this subsystem should vary its execution time.
And he GUI is regularly in the Timing Alert list. Only without
any pattern as far as I can see. The alerts just look like noise
to me.

m.