Heiko Schulz schrieb:
> You're generally right- but in your named case 30ft
> (9m) are not much for autorotating - on the pics it
> seems that he couldn't get rid of the cargo in time.

Hi HHS,
I don't want to annoy you but as I think you are a real helicopter
enthusiast, so I want to correct:
I wrote 90 to 150 ft (this is very rough the original mentioned 30 to 50
m) and if you look at a "common" helicopter height-speed-diagramm (which
is often referred to as "dead mans curve" you will see the big
difference to your 30 ft:
With 100 ft height and 40 to 50 knts forward-speed you are safe with
most helicopters. This has to be modified depending on the actual weight
and the air density (simple: summer/winter, terrain-height-level above sea).

> I meant accidents because due to swingings of the
> loads from heavy inputs. Like you said, that's why
> pilots hate external loads.

Yes, this is why it is so difficult for our coders to do it the right
way for FG :-)
> That's features I would like to see for more realistic
> in FGFS.

Me too!

> Regards
> HHS