Hi Maik,

If I use the command line to launch with the default 800x600 window and
then use the gnome window maximize (i.e. click the square in upper right
corner of the window), I get the distorted-aspect-ratio image filling
the screen.
I am running Fedora 7 with nvidia graphics, gnome window manager.  What
is your environment?

-Dave