On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 07:30:09 -0600, Jon wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > Hi All,
> >
> > Just a quick note to mention that I've now implemented random tree
> > height, and
> > multiple textures as suggested by Curt. Screenshot here:
> >
> > http://www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/forest2.jpg
> >
> > Still some work to be done, but it is looking more realistic.
>

> That looks very impressive! Really nice.

..aye.  Warrants its own release, 1.1, sea level rise or
no sea level rise.  Tweaks would be allowing larger open
clearings, more trees in tighter and larger clusters, and
let tree height depend on altitude, you'll see the each
tree getting small at the tree limit, size depends on wind
and snow coverage.  Shape, too, is affected by prevailing
wind and wind protection.  Why do I have these eerie images
of emerging forestry etc simulators?  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: