--- Vivian Meazza wrote:
> The patch is broken here - there is some corruption in simgear.patch which
> causes the file to appear empty when it is read by the patch utility, or by
> Vi etc. Csaba provided me with a complete patched Simgear source (thanks) so
> I was able to compile and run fg. The trees look very nice, and, at least in
> the numbers I saw, have a minimal impact on frame rate (2-3). I would think
> that "on" could be the default mode.

It looks like the checked in source to mat.hxx has some strange characters on
lines 70, 111, 218, 240, 290. In each case they appear on the line above a block
comment. vi thinks they are ^L characters.

The simgear.patch file doesn't change them, though it does include one of them
provide context information for the patch utility on line 120. I wonder if that
is what is causing the problem?

According to the CVS browser, they've been in there since the original check-in
of the file (4 years ago, but Curt).

Anyone any idea why they are there?

If there isn't any particular reason for them to be there, could someone with
CVS
access remove them? I'd provide a patch, but it looks like that doesn't work
particularly well :)

-Stuart