* Holger Wirtz -- Saturday 31 May 2008:
> I will have a look at the transpareny
> fonts. Perhaps such a font is simply missing...

It doesn't have anything to do with transparency as such, but only
with texture fonts (*.txf) versus (built-in) bitmap fonts. The former
are now apparently broken since recently, which affects text on
the HUD and the "classic" GUI style, whereas the dark GUI style,
the frame rate counter and the ATC messages use a bitmap font
and, therefore, still work. I assume that Tim knows more about
that problem.  ;-)

m.