Here's another "for what it's worth" ...

I was able to find a set of options to the cvs2svn tool that worked for our
repository.  The FlightGear repository takes about an hour and 45 minutes to
convert.  So that part works well.  I also really like how svn handles group
and  user authentication ... it does it outside of the unix account system
which makes the system much easier to manage.  But I am headed out of town
here in a few minutes so I didn't want to rush to set up a server daemon and
then overlook something from a security standpoint.

>From the standpoint of taking small steps, I think it makes sense to migrate
towards svn, and then we can still keep the git discussion open as a
separate issue.

Regards,

Curt.
--