Sure, just like any aircraft or object model can have it's own textures.
There may be some nuances that have disappeared over the years since I doubt
this has been heavily tested, but I used to have a KSJC demo with about 1
pixel per foot resolution.  And don't forget that you could place an .ac
model at ground level and somehow forget to place the .btg file if you
really wanted to.

Curt.

Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/