On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Ralf Gerlich wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> > in simgear/scene/tgdb/leaf.cxx branch PRE_OSG_PLIB_20061029, there is
> this code :
> > [SNIP]
> > I didn't test it, but at least, the intention was there ;-)
>
> In the OSG-version I didn't find anything similar, so I'd say that it's
> missing.
>
> I am not able to do anything about it - both due to missing knowledge
> about OSG and due to time constraints - so I hope somebody with the
> necessary abilities will pick this up as a feature request.

It's a shame if this was removed from the OSG version, but I can verify that
it was working at one time (probably several years ago now.)  And I don't
think the btg loader in flightgear differs all that much from any other
model loader, except that the btg loader is part of simgear and the other
model loaders are part of the scene graph library.  And the btg loader
understands how to handle certain "higher" level constructs such as
references to the materials database library and references to runway light
structures.  But at the core, the btg format is just another 3d model format
... simplistic, but optimized to handle terragear output.

Regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/