Hi all (aircraft developers in particular),

As you might have noticed from the commits list, there was a "wrapper
function" added to controls.nas last night for braking chutes.

As things stand, it is practically impossible to asssign braking chute
functions to a joystick or other controller because every aircraft model
handles the chute in a different way (since the Lightning was the first one
in FG to model a braking chute I take no blame for this - though perhaps if
I'd done it in a sane way others would have copied it :-) )

PLEASE modify your aircraft to use the controls.chuteDeploy function -
override it to your heart's content in your own model.  All you need to
ensure is that controls.chuteDeploy(1) deploys the chute and
controls.chuteDeploy(-1) jettisons the chute (if appropriate).

It only took a few minutes to convert the Lightning to use the wrapper (and
the Lightning's chute control stuff is a real mess - well designed models
will be even easier ;-) but it should make life a lot easier for people
writing controller configs and avoid the need for clumsy aircraft-specific
commands in controller config files.

Cheers,

AJ