On Wednesday 08 October 2008 10:16:28 gerard robin wrote:

> Hello AJ
> Thanks
> What about SpeedBrake, which could be used instead of it  with some
> particular Aircraft (BlackBird) won't it be better to have a wrapper too ?

Hi Gerard,

Yes, definitely; actually I had a simple one in my own controls.nas a while
ago but never got round to getting it committed.

Airbrakes are an ideal candidate, because they work in quite different ways on
different aircraft.  Some have simple two position fully in/out selectors,
others have momentary switches or sliders that allow partial deployment.

The controls.nas wrapper function doesn't have to care about that though - if
you want a different action from the simple default, you create your own
aircraft-specific controls.airbrakeOut or whatever to override it (as we
already do with flaps etc).

Cheers,

AJ