On 8 Oct 2008, at 09:50, AJ MacLeod wrote:

> PLEASE modify your aircraft to use the controls.chuteDeploy function -
> override it to your heart's content in your own model.  All you need
> ensure is that controls.chuteDeploy(1) deploys the chute and
> controls.chuteDeploy(-1) jettisons the chute (if appropriate).

Really good to see this kind of thing getting standardises as the
number of aircraft using a feature increases - it's always hard to
find a balance between adding new, aircraft-specific features and
cleaning up old ones.

What about multiplayer (claim one of the network shared properties?),
and re-setting the chute for the next take off? Does chuteDeploy(0)
specify a reset?

I'd suggest making a small page on the Wiki (in the aircraft
development section) so this information doesn't get lost in the list
archives.

Regards,
James