On 18 Oct 2008, at 19:06, AJ MacLeod wrote:

> Opinions on that?  It seems unfortunate, to say the least, that we
> are unable
> to support widely available good quality controller hardware because
> of our
> reliance on apparently dead projects...

I wondered about this myself -  the problem as I see it is that we're
still using pu for the widgets, which means we need ssg, which means
we need sg. I think we use the net layer as well, though that's a
pretty thin layer over BSD sockets.

So, at the moment, doing this means bringing in maybe 75% of PLIB,
which seems counter-productive. It should be fine to move the Joystick
module over now, though, and just drop / migrate other pieces
incrementally.

Anyone care to speculate on how much work it would be to migrate from
pu to osgWidget?

Regards,
James