Vladimir Karmishin wrote:

> Erik, thank you for the answer.
> In fact - i'm started work on re-implementation of OAL in SimGear.
> My vision on it - it should be more OOP-is (however, I'm not a big OOP
> addict),
> and transparent. In ideal - we should be able just to write some (in
> pseudocode)
> CObject.Engine[1]->MapSoundSource("CFM_sound"); - and get it work.

The problem with this is that FlightGear is as flexible as it is now
because of xml configuration files, not because it uses OOP.
My vision is that it should be flexible for the end user, not just for
the developers.

> As far as I know - You're the developer of current FG sound subsystem.

Yes and no, Curtis started the sound code and I added the configurable
effects manager (FGFX)

To be honest I've not looked at the code for too long to get a quick
answer to the problem right now..

Erik