Hello,

> FWIW here are a few pics of a 737 sim we just delivered to
> NASA/HCSL at
> Ames.  We'll be using FlightGear on a 64bit machine
> with OSG and a high
> end graphics system on five large screen monitors.
>
> http://www/lfstech.com/img/hcs_one.jpg
> http://www/lfstech.com/img/hcs_two.jpg
> http://www/lfstech.com/img/hcs_three.jpg

No pics visible...

> We might just resurrect and extend the old Mark Harris code
> from a few
> years back in '09; time and priorities permitting.
>
> http://www.lfstech.com/img/sfo_clouds.jpg
>
> Regards
> JW

When ever someone come with WE might... WE could do...- then I ask who will be
this person ??

But:
And again for those who forgot, or didn't know this yet:

Mark Harris Code above was the start for all 3D-clouds systems we know! MSFS,
X-Plane and others- it's all based on this code, on this principe by him!!

And: for a short time the original code was implemented in FGFS but the
perfomance was low! Then Harald Johnson came, used the same principe but more
based on plib. They were nice, but not customizable, only one cloud type
possible, and changing texture not really possible. (I tried this)
But it was a start, nethertheless!

With Stuarts clouds we have the ability to have all cloud types we want to
have! Of course there are some bugs- it is a start, and a lot of things can be
added!

Look here:
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/download/file.php?id=263
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/download/file.php?id=264
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/download/file.php?id=260
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/download/file.php?id=261

Doesn't look this more realistic than the old clouds or even Mark Harris code?
And don't we want to make it right, it make it realistic as much as we can?

In one point I wll agree- "we" can look how some things he got managed like the
borderlines and alpha blending. But that's all....

Cheers
HHS