On mercredi 05 novembre 2008, gerard robin wrote:
> On mercredi 05 novembre 2008, Martin Spott wrote:
> > gerard robin wrote:
> > > Though, that nasal "Terrain" script could be part of the FG generic
> > > nasal script , won't it be useful elsewhere (AI animation ? for
> > > instance)
> >
> > Well, to my point of view - and I know I'm not the sole person having
> > this in mind - it's a bit unfortunate to hammer workarounds into stone
> > that actually in search for a totally different solution.
> >
> > As I understand from Heiko's explanation, the purpose of the respective
> > script is to work around a feature which is missing from the FDM being
> > used here. Therefore I'd vote _not_ to make this script part of the
> > 'generic' script collection, but instead lobby on the FDM people to
> > implement the missing parts.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >     Martin.
>
> I don't pretend that  is not be in the FDM , which should be more accurate
> according to the terrain ( runway, grass, sand, ....... water .... and so
> on), i know that Jon intend to include it into JSBSim.
>
> I only wonder if we won't get some adventage, within FG itself, to know
> with a property,  if there is water or solid under (with nasal script or
> some code) I had recently in mind,  to create animation with AI model which
> are terrain dependent.
> Scenery and AI are not using any FDM which could solve it .
>
> Cheers

In addition to it, with YASIm which is supposed to include that feature, i am
unable to control my helicoptere rescue  operation according to the terrain
which is under, with water we could understand but with solid the rescued man
is digging the earth  :)
So my next update will include (again) that nasal script.
Cheers.

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire