* Durk Talsma -- Wednesday 17 December 2008:
> would it be an idea to release this version as 2.0?.

I'm against that. fgfs is in acceptable shape for a minor
release, but it would be an embarrassment for a major release.
Curt says he doesn't care about version numbers, but the
"community" certainly does. 2.0 sounds like a big(ger) step
forward, and at the moment I don't see that. Just teleport
or reset and you are likely to run into your terminal being
flooded with NaN messages, from which you can only escape
by aborting. That doesn't sound like 2.0 material, and I
don't think it will be fixed by the weekend. Rushing out
releases is never a good idea, but it's especially bad
for a major "symbolic" release. 0.95 (or something like that)
would be OK -- as a kind of preview for the "big release".

Before we drop the 0.9* idea, I'd rather defer the release
a few months. If we don't want that release numbers imply
anything other than "next step", then we have to just number
them 1..infinity or label them with their release date,
without "major", "minor" numbers. Otherwise there *is* a
meaning to about anyone, whether we like it or not.

m.