On 01/13/2009 12:25 PM, flying.toaster wrote:

> flightgear .... I assume that imposes flight gear own atmosphere model
> to the FDM and THIS model is stuck after 100000 ft

I can easily generate ISA atmosphere data to 71,000 m (232940 ft)
... and beyond that if you wish (to the limited extent that ISA
makes sense above 71 km).  The tabulated data in the current
FlightGear model atmosphere came from me.

A couple of years ago the top of the FlightGear atmosphere
model was extended (from 60,000 to 100,000 feet).  I have
no idea why it was not extended all the way up at that time.

Also note that the FlightGear model, whether or not extended
in height, is a one-parameter model which (to put it politely)
does not adhere to the laws of physics.  It puts out wrong
answers whenever the temperature differs significantly from
ISA standard day.