On vendredi 16 janvier 2009, Martin Spott wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Tim Moore wrote:
> > Some of the sea surface problems may be partially my fault. In August
> > 2007 I added more polygons to the generic ocean tile to more closely
> > match the curvature of the earth, in order to prevent AI ships from
> > hovering several meters above the surface. I'm not sure this was ever
> > communicated to the scenery team.

Thanks Tim

> I suspect the communication agent has failed  ;-)
> Does your change actually cause a difference between a) the 'border'
> between ground and ocean as defined in the Scenery tiles and b) its
> visual representation in FlightGear ? If so, of which nature is this
> difference ?
>
>       Martin.

Yes it is visual and seen like a wall by the groundcache, so here the seaplane
wont be able to go through.
Here the original snapshot that i did,  when discovering the problem (august
2007)
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/tsunami.jpg

The difference depends on the position along that    "border"   since the
generic tile has a curvature    and the sea coastline tile is FLAT.

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire