On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Jon S. Berndt wrote:

>  The part that I was unsure about was to what extent FlightGear used
> relationships between and amongst properties (operations). If properties are
> used on the FlightGear side for input/storage only, then I’m OK with it as
> long as the code remains backwards compatible – which, I’m sure, is a given.

It can be useful to look at past history as precedence to give some context
when evaluating some new situation.  In light of that we should notice that
JSBSim supports arbitrary vectors and tables of floating point data within
it's xml file syntax and has done so since it's very earliest days.  This is
only part of the picture because as far as I know they don't have a way to
store these tables in their property system, but it's interesting to observe
that JSBSim has gone partway already in doing something similar to what Tim
is proposing.

This isn't an argument for or against Tim's proposal in and of itself, but
it's at least interesting to observe other real world cases that are at
least partially similar.  Has JSBSim run into any problems with it's journey
down this path?

Regards,

Curt.
--