* Vivian Meazza -- Tuesday 07 April 2009:
> There is no doubt that the introduction of arrays in the Property
> Tree has both advantages and disadvantages. Not least we should
> ask ourselves, if they are such a good idea, why aren't they in
> it already?

We've had arrays since we have a property tree! Here's an array
of strings:

  <array>
      <entry>alpha</entry>
      <entry>bravo</entry>
      <entry>charly</entry>
      <entry>delta</entry>
  </array

Guess what happens when you read that in in Nasal?

  var array = props.globals.getNode("array").getValues().entry;
  debug.dump(typeof(array), array);

Output:

  #0 'vector'
  #1 ['alpha', 'bravo', 'charly', 'delta']

The problem is: it's "verbose XML", which doesn't fit in TimGear.
Because the 10 shader XML files must not be as verbose as the other
thousands of XML files, and they should look like being from OGRE
or something, not from FlightGear.

m.