hi, yesterday we were near the Kilimanjaro (HTKJ) and up to reach the
top with a c172, we tried to use the lift given by ridge lift, but it
was always 0.
I tried to start at Quito (SEQU) and ridge lift get elevation values
only once in north hemisphere.
it seems that:

 (globals->get_scenery()->get_elevation_m(SGGeod::fromGeodM(
                SGGeod::fromRad(probe_lon_rad[i],probe_lat_rad[i]),
20000), elevation, 0))

in environment/ridge_lift.cxx is always false in south hemisphere, an
can't report the ground elevation

jano