Curtis Olson wrote:
> I'd be interested to know if things like the telnet interface (and
> other network interfaces) get closed and reopened correctly.  This
> sounds like a kind of drastic thing to do ... to reset the entire
> network subsystem, but maybe it will be ok.
The FGIO class has always been derived from the subsystem class but it
was controlled explicitly. I' ve added a reinit stub for most classes
since it wasn't present and isn't added to other classes than the
generic protocol handler. So the reset should have no result for other
classes. The only thing the generic protocol do is read the
configuration file and setup the internals so they get used on the next
update call, no sockets activity there.

> Does it only reset when you explicitly ask for a Network subsystem
> reset, or does this also get reset whenever you reposition the
> aircraft or select "reset" from the file menu.  That could actually be
> a problem for situations where a person is running a hybrid of systems
> talking to each other, or multiple copies of flightgear and
> connections are broken and have to be re-established.

I think reinit also runs when FlightGear gets reset, but like I said,
only the generic protocol implements reinit.

> This one sounds drastic enough that it might come back and bite us in
> a variety of ways for certain uses of the software.
I think it's less drastic than it sounds and don' t expect any problems
(unless I've overlooked something).

Erik