On 8 Oct 2009, at 16:35, Curtis Olson wrote:

> Ok, I started up in the alphajet for instance at KLAX (7L).  I
> pulled up the new route manager dialog and it suggested CL02 H1 as
> the starting location.  I set that to KLAX-7L for the start and
> typed in KPHX for the destination, KSLC for the alternate, cruising
> speed of 350kts, cruising altitude of 18,500.
>
> I then clicked Activate and it still inserted CL02-H1 for the first
> waypoint and that's it.  I removed CL02 and clicked activate again,
> and this time it put KLAX-07 for the first way point and then put
> KPHX in twice.  So I manually manipulated the list so it contained
> only one waypoint ... KPHX.  Ok!

Turns out CL02 is a heliport either in, or very close, to KLAX. So
this was a feature!

What's needed is really aircraft type information, but in the short
term I'm going to add some configuration properties to allow seaports
and heliports to be excluded (by default) from route-manager and GPS
searches.

The other thing, as you found, is that editing active routes behaves
oddly. For the moment, it's best to avoid editing an active route, but
obviously this needs to be supported; it just raises headaches and
potential edge cases in the GPS code.

Regards,
James